Monday, October 5, 2015
Beach Trip
Maylena and I just returned from a trip to the Outer Banks beach to see my Grandad. We were able to go from Wednesday through Sunday with my parents(Billy couldn't come due to his college classes). If you watched the weather at all you know we were there during the hurricane weather!! Thankfully it didn't come all the way up to our coast but I feel terrible for the people in the Bahamas where it stayed for days. We had bad enough weather up here. It was rainy and big gusts of wind all the days we were there except one. However, Maylena didn't complain at all and was a trooper. She LOVED being out on the beach in the rain with soaking wet clothes on and just played as though nothing was happening out of the ordinary. I was so proud of her! My dad acted as though nothing out of the ordinary was going on as well when he took brief ocean swims despite the ridiculous waves and undertow and the No Swimming flags flying up and down the beach. We took a daily trip to a very nice pier called Jeanette's Pier, Maylena is sitting on a turtle that is located on the pier in the photo above. We saw a huge red drum caught and it was around 35lbs probably and about Maylena's height in it's length. It was definitely the largest fish I had ever seen brought up on a pier. The next day a guy was fighting something for about 45 minutes with his pole and when it breached the surface of the water it snapped the line but my mom saw that it was about a 10' shark (we have no way to verify the length...just have to take her word for it!) but after hearing that Maylena put two and two together that sharks live in the ocean and she acted deathly afraid that one would get her if she put her feet in the 1" water that comes up as the waves goes back. Its ok because it wasn't good swimming water anyway this trip!
We still have no current updates on the adoption or a lead time on our wait so I am trying to be true to my word and just give tid bits about our family in the meantime. We will be attending the fall workshop through our agency for the adoptive families. It is required for you to attend at least 1 spring and 1 fall course while awaiting placement and we have already done that. But since we are still waiting placement and we learn so much at these meetings we wanted to go again anyway. It will be an all day Saturday class coming up in early November.
I had to make a decision recently to give my notice at my nanny job so I could have more time with my family. It seems my hours continued to grow and I was getting home later and working all full days which was very different from when I first started. I will be continuing my work at the animal hospital since I never gave that up in the last year and a half I just worked there when I could and on the weekends. I will be able to have much more flexibility with my schedule and have more evenings home with my family so I know I made the right choice although it was a tough one.
That's probably all the updates I have for now....until next time....we still wait!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment