Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Let the Good Times Roll

Here we are in September and I really don't have any adoption updates much so I guess I can just update you on our family : )! The only thing to mention about our adoption is that we have been trying since April to compile some video clips of us doing stiff as a family and get photos of us together to make a short slide show film for our agency website. That way the birth mom can see us a little more in detail than just our shutterfly album. She can see how we interact and what things we like to do. I really wanted to make one right away but it took time and then we just let it go by the way side a bit. The week before last I mentioned to Billy and my mom that I noticed about 3 other couples went in and added videos to their pages so we needed to buckle down and get it done. The next day a lady from the adoption agency emailed me saying it was time to take our website to the next level and update it with a video. I laughed as I emailed her back saying I had literally just said that the day before. I told her we would get it over within the week and I handed the project fully over to Billy because I have no idea how to begin something that requires technology to put it together...haha. Billy stayed up many late nights and made an awesome video of our family. I would love for you to check it out at christianadopt.org, click on waiting families and then scroll down to our photo and click on us. It loads at the top of our page. Yay! I really hopes this helps us reach out to just the right birth mom and give her a glimpse into our lives
  Again in the meantime we are waiting and trying to stay busy as a family heading here and there having fun all the while! The photo above was from a local petting zoo out in Monroe we spent a few hours there last Sunday. And the weekend before that we headed up to the Museum of Life and Science in Durham for a daytrip. I had won some tickets back in the spring at Maylena's preschool silent auction. However when it came time to go even though I knew exactly where I had put the tickets, they were not to be found. After searching over an hour myself and having Billy check behind me we had to let it go, they weren't going to turn up. Frustrating to say the least, but since we had already talked it up to Maylena that we were going the next morning, lost tickets were not holding us back. Once we got there it was hour of fun and learning. They had everything from a dinosaur trail with a fossil dig site (yes we got to bring home 3 sharks teeth Billy found), a train ride on real tracks, butterfly atrium to walk through, a petting zoo and wildlife area and so much more! It was too cool. If it were closer by we would have bought a membership right then. I know we will go back one day though.
  Maylena started preschool early September and really likes her teacher again this year. There were no tears at drop off the first day and when it was time for pick up she didn't want to go home because she wasn't ready to leave, that's always a good sign! We are excited about what is in store for the rest of this year and hope that a baby brother is right around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. The video is perfect! It shows how much love and fun and adventure await baby Woods! You are in our prayers daily. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete