Thursday, December 4, 2014

Brittany ' s Home Study

   After work yesterday and a mad dash out for some Christmas shopping...I headed over for my home study. I wasn't nervous this time because I really liked Kim the first time we met and Billy had reported his individual meeting was smooth and pretty easy.
   However, I didn't end up feeling the same way about it being easy. I guess it should have been easy but my memory has always been really bad and I need stuff written down or I forget, and I definitely need the help of my siblings when it comes to childhood experiences fir them to say remember when we....and it always comes back to mind once someone says it. So these meetings are totally on the spot and I ended up coming home with homework to gather more information and email it to her. She would ask me what are some great childhood memories you have, what were things you liked to do or were involved in as a youth, what types of trips have you been on with Maylena?...and I could tell her about 2 maybe 3 for each category and them I was drawing a blank. She even asked why exactly is your memory so bad...haha...I told her I wish I knew but it's always been that way. They want lots and lots of detail and unfortunately I have to have help recalling that sort of thing. I even keep a journal and have since Maylena was born of her life and milestones, funny things she did or said, that way I remember to tell her one day.
   Kim was going over the time line of when we will finish the home study and she told me she may come out to our house next week instead of the following week for the visit. Then she said it should only take her a couple of days to write everything up and we would hear from the head of CAS, Doris, within 10 days after our write up has been submitted. Doris will have a 3 hour finalization meeting with us then we will actually be a waiting family! This means it will be in January not February when we are ready and waiting to be matched. That blows my mind because we started end of July on the beginnings of it all and here we are 6 months later going to be a waiting family.  Wow! It's amazing how the time flies.
   Keep us in your prayers for God's protection and health of the birth mother we will be matched with, pray for us as we compile our photo album and dear birth mother letter to be selected by, and pray for our readiness as a family for all the changes this will soon bring about. Thank you for your prayers and support.
  Just wanted to attach a photo of soon to be big sister Maylena.....she can't wait!!
 

1 comment: