Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Billy's Homestudy

  Time seemed to have flown by and somehow we ended up at Billy's meeting with Kim one-on-one 12 days from our first visit. I thought it would drag by but we couldn't believe it was already here when he went this Monday. I kept praying for him and waiting to receive the text that he had finished and get the scoop on how it went. Turns out it only lasted an hour when we had been expecting 2 hours. He went at 7:45 am and wasn't too late starting work afterwards. He called me at let me know it went really well from what he could tell, no difficult questions he couldn't answer and it was still a review on our lives and how we met, dated, got married, etc. They seem to ask the same things a lot but I guess that's their way of searching for discrepancies. We have been back on the Adoption Learning Partners website taking more courses online as part of our agreement with the agency. We need to have a total of 4 and so far we have completed 2. The first gave us insight on open adoptions should ours end up as that, and the one we completed tonight was in regards to multiracial families and coping with comments people make, yet making your child feel secure in your family unit. Both courses have given really good ideas and information that have helped prepare us and educate us for life once the adoption is complete.
  We have been working on our nursery, formerly the guest room. We painted it a very light shade of blue and we have a safari theme beginning. I had found an entire crib bedding set at a local consignment sale a couple of months back. It included a clothes hamper, comforter, sheet, bumper pads and dust ruffle, curtain toppers and a rug. I got the entire set for $35. I couldn't pass up the bargain! We are needing to paint trim and put the room back together and then I want to finish up some details like wall decor, etc and I will post a picture.
  Also I want to put a thank you out there to good friends of ours Brooke and Taylor Eckel who helped support us through our puzzle fundraiser!! We are almost to the point of picture time again on the puzzle to.

No comments:

Post a Comment