Saturday, September 13, 2014

One Day at a Time

One day at a time...a saying I am continually trying to repeat but I am having trouble following my own advice. In Isaiah it talks about, "Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up on wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." This verse was laid heavy on my heart last year after our pastor at Five stones asked us each to meditate on 1 statement or verse that would come to mind during prayer and quiet time in place of a new years resolution that fades by the time January is over each year. He challenged us to live with the verse and allow it to reside in our hearts and be shown in our daily lives as situations surfaced and challenges came. When I did my time of prayer and reflection the verse from Isaiah is what was laid on my heart probably because God knows how often I try to handle everything on my own and run a rat race to get it all done..then wonder why I am left feeling frazzled and empty instead of accomplished and victorious! He is always prompting me to ask for help and WAIT upon Him for my strength so I won't get weary. Often times I struggle with putting so much on my plate I don't complete any of it to my best ability or putting my full effort and heart into it.
The requirements for the adoption process have been no different and the bigger the to-do list the greater my sense of urgency in trying to get it all done quickly, boom, boom, boom. But my physical stamina isn't keeping up with the constant mental turning of my gears that has left me lying awake at night needing to sleep but not being able to calm my mind. I am realizing this week as I am trying to step back and take a deep breath that the items on our e-adopt agenda will get done...maybe not in my initial time frame I had in mind but there is no sense rushing and barely keeping up with myself and my family because we will end up with whatever child God has already picked out for our family. I believe that no matter if I go as fast as I can or slow down to a better pace God doesn't have me on a timeline of hurry up or you won't get this child, therefore you might have to wait and try for the next child. I truly believe its all already planned out and I need to start asking for help and WAITING on His strength and guidance.
Thanks for listening to me preaching to myself. Maybe it will come as a reminder in some of your lives as well to just turn it over to God because no one can handle it better than He can! Just a little update about where we are...(we have an e-adopt portal through CAS and we continually complete required tasks and upload them as documents in our portal)
We completed the written part of the formal application with our included references they will check into, etc.
We signed our services agreement and our domestic adoption agreement
Completed an Informal Request to be sent to social services on each of us
Completed form to be sent to the Clerk of the Superior Court for criminal record check
Sent in medical questionnaire forms to be filled out by Maylenas Pediatrician and Brittany's regular doctor. Billy set up a routine exam appt to have his completed
Started rough drafts of our 10-20page autobiographies
And completed an expectations document on strengths we bring to parenting, statements about good moms/dads/wives/husbands/parents. Wishes and fears about child we will adopt,etc
Set up Life Insurance

Many tasks are getting completed and for that I am very thankful because each step gets us closer to being able to start the home study!! I want to say a big thank you to everyone that is continuing to participate in our Apparent Project fundraiser and a special thanks to my mother-in-law for blazing the trail on this one. The generosity and funds that have been provided are a huge blessing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment