Saturday, September 6, 2014

Apparent Project Christmas Ornaments!

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has participated in our Apparent Project fundraiser. It has been a double blessing, one for our family in our adoption process and also for the people in Haiti who we will never personally meet but are helping impact in so many ways. So thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I just received another shipment of products this week and it will be the final batch I help sell. They are beautiful Christmas ornaments made out of the recycled oil drums as well. The ornaments come in many designs but I have a limited amount of each....angels, snowflakes, hearts, bells, birds, stars and stockings. They are $8 a piece. They are a lighter gray than the picture looks. And they have really nice raised patterns of dots on the surface. They also sent me another batch of bracelets which are also $8 a piece. If you are interested in either item, there are a few ways to go about contacting me to purchase. You can post a comment on the blog, or a comment on Billy's Facebook page, email me at Brittany_695@hotmail.com, or call me at (704)607-5062. If you aren't someone I see on a regular basis then I would be happy to meet you sometime in the next couple of weeks to let you see the product, or if I would be willing to ship orders if you could cover the shipping cost. Just let me know what product you are interested in and if its a bracelet the beads are mostly multicolored but some do tend to have an overall color appearance so you can let me know if there is a particular color you want and I will sort through them. I will only have the product a few weeks before I have to return the unsold portion, so if you are interested please let me know ASAP!!

We started the formal application process this week and its so much more than I could have imagined. We will be document gathering for forms such as bank statements, marriage certificate, birth certificates, etc. And Billy and I both have to write an autobiography from a 4 page detailed questionnaire they provide you with as a guideline of what to include...and lots more self-reflecting to answer many questions about our personal faith journeys, parenting styles, upbringings, etc. We are going to need to take a class and become certified in infant CPR, take 3 more online adoption courses, and attend seminars held in the spring and fall through CAS. We will also be creating a family photo book on shutterfly that will be the profile book they show whatever birthmothers we are matches with on requirements to allow them to pick the adoptive family. There is much to do and I just want to make sure its done to the absolute best of our ability so our true personalities show through and we communicate well who we are as a family to the agency and the birthmothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment