We are still in the waiting process to hear approval in regards to our application so we can take the next steps in the adoption process. In the meantime I have been researching fundraising ideas especially since we were not able to participate in the race but we had several people interested in helping us raise funds. I did a Google search one day recently and just happened to come across another lady's blog who partnered with the apparent project to help raise her adoption funds. I went to the Apparent Project website to learn more about it and I was super excited about the whole vision!!
Apparent Project is an organization in Haiti that helps Haitians work to keep their families together and fed and to have a place to live. The Haitians make jewelry and other items from recycled oil drums, aluminum cans, and cereal boxes. The pictures I posted do not do it justice. They are beautiful and have great color! When they complete the items of jewelry its shipped here and you can partner with them to help sell their product and they get a portion of the sales and you keep a portion for your cause. In our case it would help raise funds for our adoption while helping families in Haiti keep their children. I was so touched by that thought. I immediately contacted them about getting the product to sell and I was surprised by the quick response followed by the immediate shipment of the product. I have necklaces made on leather straps with metal pendants that say love, joy , peace, hope. I have earrings and bracelets as well made with the cereal boxes. They allow me to keep the product for 4 weeks and then I send back the unsold portion for the next person to sell. So if you are interested or know someone you think would be please let them know about it soon! These would make great Christmas gifts even....not too soon to be thinking about that.
This way of fundraising was also really important to me because I felt called to go on a missions trip there 3 years ago but about halfway thru my team training I found out I was pregnant with Maylena and I didn't end up going with the team. Haiti is a place that has always stayed on my heart and when I found out about this organization I couldn't wait to get involved.
So that you know, the necklaces are $12, the bracelets $8, and the earrings $6. You can buy them individually or as a set.
Thank you to everyone who is following the blog and staying up to date on the journey!!
No comments:
Post a Comment